The Sacrament of Matrimony
For those Catholic men and women contemplating marriage, this page provides the Church law regarding marriage, as well as the Church's exhortation and instruction for having a holy and happy marriage.
Even for already married couples, a studied review of this material will help you to advance in holiness.
- Marriage Instruction
- given from the priest to a Catholic couple to be married. Gives duties towards God, each other, children, parents
- Marriage Blood Lines (chart)
- Marriage Relationships and Impediments based on the degree of sanguinity.
- Marriage Without a Pastor
- how a Catholic man and woman may marry when no pastor is available.
- Mixed Marriages
- the Church discourages the marriage of Catholics to non-Catholics.
- Mixed Marriage Promises Form (MS Word format)
- Before a dispensation to a mixed marriage, the "promises" must be signed by both the non-Catholic and Catholic party.
- Marriage Questionnaire (MS Word format)
- Before an upcoming wedding, the priest must determine if there are any impediments to the marriage. This form will be used by the priest as a checklist.